Are you an Account Executive or Account Handler with Commercial Insurance experience? We are currently working with an insurance broker based in Essex that have some great opportunities to join a newly established team.
You would join a new team of x5 account executives who are responsible for managing and developing their own book of business. You would inherit existing business predominantly made up of Property, Construction and Professional Indemnity risks. Premiums of up to circa £200k.
Your time would be split between being out on the road visiting clients, working from home and attending the office where required.
Once the team is fully formed, there will be an opportunity to be promoted to the team manager.
To define an efficient and proactive process and implement this way of working for our Commercial and Corporate clients. Using this redefined process, create an environment where workload is managed in an efficient and proactive manner.
To understand our Client’s business risks and provide day to day servicing and administration of Client accounts in a timely, technically accurate and cost effective manner, in accordance with Company procedures.
To maintain and achieve growth in income from existing clients and seek new business for the Company in line with Company targets.
Principle objectives and responsibilities:
- This role encompasses an initial task to review and create an efficient and proactive business handling process. Once the process is agreed by the MD, this way of working to be implemented. The redefined process should enable the workload of this position to be managed in an efficient and proactive manner
- Answer the telephone in a polite and professional manner, dealing with the query as appropriate and gathering relevant information from the customer and entering it into the Company computer systems, as appropriate. Completing all associated postal work / correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage and administer business which falls within the following categories; Commercial/Corporate Business
- Provide high quality advice and service to clients
- Giving instructions to insurance providers
- Checking policy documents (including endorsements) prior to receipt by clients
- To handle the invoicing of premiums due and maintaining credit control of allocated clients
- To process correspondence, renewal, pre-renewal activity, quotations and data input
- Ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed on a daily basis
- Manage own files as per local procedure
- To maintain and grow existing client accounts by cross / up-selling, using extensive product knowledge
- To identify and follow a new business opportunity through to sale or to forward to an appropriate member of staff if outside of authority level or product area
- To understand own area of authority and recognise if the customer call / query needs to be passed to a senior member of the team to advise or resolve
- To ensure that any customer complaints are identified and handled strictly within the Company’s complaints procedure
- To ensure compliance with local policies and procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments
- At different times, you may be required to work as either part of a team or independently using your own initiative. On many occasions, you will be expected to competently handle tasks assigned to you. On other occasions, you will be part of a task that involves the wider team
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge and experience in handling business to meet the insurance requirement of clients across a range of sectors
- Extensive product knowledge to enable cross / up-selling to existing customers
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and progress to a sale or forward to appropriate member of staff to handle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident with all relevant MS office packages, Acturis and OGI system
- Excellent organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Get in touch so I can tell you more!
Up to £65,000