The key purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for the SME consultancy proposition and
service delivery ensuring the SME Team is fully supported and technically proficient to meet the
annual budget with ultimate progression to the Senior Leadership Team as Head of SME.
You will be expected to support the two Team Leaders with mentoring less experienced members
of the team and lead on recruitment, supporting the two Team Leaders with the onboarding and
training of new Team members.
– To provide clear and effective leadership and direction to the SME Consultancy Team
– Oversee and successfully deliver strategic initiatives in the SME Consultancy Team
– Develop and monitor the SME proposition, identifying any improvements and efficiencies
that can be made.
– Develop and monitor the SME operational framework and look for improvements and
– Track income against the annual budget, measuring consultants actual income verses
targets and forecasting pipeline to flag any potential financial under performance
– Provide a training framework for existing and new consultants to ensure technical
competency, consultancy skills and team ethos are enhanced.
– Provide line management support to the two SME Team Leaders and assist with the day-to day management of the team.
– Monitor in conjunction with the two SME Team Leaders, workflows, capacity and ensuring
that the SME process and compliance procedures are followed at all times.
– Work with the SME Team Leaders to allocate new business enquiries
– Ensure the SME Team is effectively supervised with work prioritised and distributed resulting
in all tasks completed correctly, efficiently and in line with all regulatory guidelines and
internal service standards.
– Support the Senior Management Team with various projects such as, onboarding new Client
Portfolios and Acquisitions, compliance and operational initiatives, proposition development,
business and budget planning, plus much more
– As required, generate management information covering budgetary reporting, client wins
and losses, new business opportunities, clients at risk etc.
– Lead on recruitment.
– Supporting the Team Leaders with onboarding and training of new Team members.
– Responsible for the account management and retention of your own small portfolio of Group
Risk, Healthcare and/or Pension SME clients. This would include:
› Consulting and processing scheme renewals and rate reviews in line with internal
› Build rapport with clients and providers through a thorough knowledge of their schemes
and regular contact by telephone and meetings.
› Providing proactive support for ongoing client services and project-based work
› Preparing recommendation reports for scheme renewals.
› Obtaining terms from the market.
› Helping to manage workflow.
› Provide reactive/ad hoc support to a portfolio of client queries, resolve or escalate as
› Provide structured administration support to agreed standards for relevant clients.
› Maintain compliant records on client databases.
› Support the development of internal best practice.
› Develop knowledge of wider employee benefits products and the market including internal
and external training and, where agreed, qualifications.