To assist the team in maintaining the infrastructure and processes to ensure the smooth running of the underwriting department. To support the team by providing underwriting support, assistance with accurate and timely reporting and to be involved in providing a high level of service to our clients. Reporting into the Underwriting Manager.
- Support the underwriters to implement the infrastructure and processes to launch new business.
- Support the Underwriters in the delivery of an effective and efficient support/administration service.
- Conduct research for the underwriters as and when directed, for example, gathering market information.
- Interact with other teams within the wider business, such as, Claims, Finance, Compliance, Pricing and Account Management on matters affecting or related to managing the accounts within the portfolio.
- Help maintain team standards through supporting other underwriting assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Provide accurate management information to the Underwriting Manager and underwriters.
- Produce ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for the Underwriting Manager, underwriters and other members of staff as requested.
Broker and Service Partner Interaction
- Provide a professional service to partners in person, writing, e-mail, and telephone.
- Maintain and develop relationships including brokers and service partners, responding to queries in an accurate and timely fashion with the support of the Underwriting Manager.
- Attend client meetings as required.
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent attention to detail – able to recognise information needs and identify and utilise appropriate information sources. Persists in seeking information and adopts a variety of strategies to achieve their goals. Questions, checks, and evaluates information and sources.
- Communication – able to communicate information clearly and articulately both in oral and written form. Uses appropriate language, style and methods depending on audience and the purpose of communication. Anticipates the information that others will need.
- Action oriented – able to take on new tasks, opportunities and challenges with a keen interest and an appetite to learn and recognise the need to be flexible and adaptable to move things forward.
- Plans and aligns – able to plan and prioritise work to fit with deadlines and longer-term goals and collaborate with others when necessary.
- Self-development – able to demonstrate enthusiasm by seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, through both formal and informal development channels.
- Computer skills – strong ability to use MS office and be comfortable working with a range of software applications to a strong level, such as, Excel and PowerPoint presentations.
- Detail orientated
- Team working
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Information seeking
- Customer focus