Overall Purpose of The Job
To develop new sales within defined Industry or market verticals, and when required, take ownership of identified
Being part of an established and successful team, the role is responsible for the further development and
penetration of new business and where applicable client retention and growth in dedicated markets, whilst
coordinating the provision of quality solutions that satisfy and exceed client’s needs and expectation. This is
to be achieved through their “client and market first” global strategy.
• Generate new sales within assigned market and/or industry segments to ensure that revenue and
profit targets are achieved against an agreed Sales Plan.
• Identify and develop business relationships with key and existing targets in order to achieve revenue
and profit objectives
• Work with other companies to identify global leads and opportunities throughout
• Work with our pre-defined partner network, marketing team and in-house technical experts to
develop new leads and pipeline
• Develop a go to market plan for your market / industry segment, to illustrate growth opportunities,
market dynamics, competitors etc to show how to achieve growth expectations
• Where appropriate, co-ordinate all administrative and financial activities involving the accounts
managed, including – renewals, contract review, pricing, invoicing and AR collections.
• Where appropriate, develop an account plan for each key client defining their market strategy, market
share/competitors, growth opportunities, organizational chart, decision making process and key contacts.
• Assist in conducting workshops and symposiums, network within allocated industry/market sectors
and increase awareness of company services available.
• Identify buying influencers, decision makers and develop contacts at the highest levels within target
• Manage the implementation of new business within the company, to ensure that all administrative,
operational and financial activities are in place to ensure high levels of service to company
Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
• Strategic sales skills with well-developed influencing and negotiating abilities.
Required Competencies (Critical behaviours necessary to successfully perform the job)
• Working with People. Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; Adapts to the team
and builds team spirit; Recognises and rewards the contribution of others; Listens, consults others
and communicates proactively; Supports and cares for others; Develops and openly communicates
• Persuading & Influencing. Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement
and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of
self or others; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
• Presenting & Communicating information. Speaks clearly and fluently; Expresses opinions,
information and key points of an argument clearly; Makes presentations and undertakes public
speaking with skill and confidence; Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their
reactions and feedback; Projects credibility.
• Planning & Organising. Sets clearly defined objectives; Plans activities and projects well in advance
and takes account of possible changing circumstances; Manages time effectively; Identifies and
organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; Monitors performance against deadlines and
• Achieving Personal Work Goals & Objectives. Accepts and tackles demanding goals with
enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; Identifies development
strategies needed to achieve career goals and make use of developmental of training opportunities;
Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
• Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking. Keeps up to date with competitor information and market
trends; Identifies business opportunities for the organisation; Demonstrates financial awareness;
Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
• Considerable and broad experience in a Business Development or Consultative Sales role in
business-to-business environment and/or service sectors.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of profitable sales growth.
• Evidence of extensive networking.
• Project management exposure.
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
• Educated to Degree or MBA level
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
• Fluent in English (oral and written), and local languages of the client base they are supporting.