To understand Client’s business risks and provide day to day servicing and administration of Client accounts in a timely, technically accurate and cost effective manner, in accordance with Company procedures.
To maintain and achieve growth in income from existing clients and seek new business for the Company in line with Company targets.
Principle objectives and responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone in a polite and professional manner, dealing with the query as appropriate and gathering relevant information from the customer and entering it into the Company computer systems, as appropriate. Completing all associated postal work / correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and administer the following for business which falls within the following categories; Private Car, Commercial Vehicle, Home Insurance and Small Commercial Business (generally under a £2k premium spend):
- Giving instructions to insurance providers
- Checking policy documents (including endorsements) prior to receipt by clients
- To handle the invoicing of premiums due and maintaining credit control of allocated clients
- To process correspondence, renewal, pre-renewal activity, quotations and data input
- Ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed on a daily basis
- Manage own files as per local procedure
- To maintain and grow existing client accounts by cross / up-selling, using extensive product knowledge.
- To identify and follow a new business opportunity through to sale or to forward to an appropriate member of staff if outside of authority level or product area.
- To understand own area of authority and recognize if the customer call / query needs to be passed to a senior member of the team to advise or resolve.
- To ensure that any customer complaints are identified and handled strictly within the Company’s complaints procedure.
- To ensure compliance with local policies and procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments.
- At different times, you may be required to work as either part of a team or independently using your own initiative. On many occasions, you will be expected to competently handle tasks assigned to you. On other occasions, you will be part of a task that involves the wider team.
- Any other duties as the Company may require.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge and experience in handling the following classes of business:
- Private Car/Commercial Vehicle
- Home Insurance
- Small Commercial Business (generally under a £2k premium spend)
- Extensive product knowledge to enable cross / up-selling to existing customers.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and progress to a sale or forward to appropriate member of staff to handle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Confident with all relevant MS office packages and OGi system
- Excellent organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team