Looking to accelerate your health and safety career in 2023? If so, take a look at this role!
Our client can offer you a rewarding role within a supportive working environment and an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development.
Your next step in your career
As a Health & Safety Risk Consultant you’ll play a key role in helping clients understand, assess and control their workplace risks – drafting risk assessments and policies/procedures, carrying out fire risk assessments, undertaking audits and reviews and offering valued problem-solving advice.
As a confident trainer, you’ll also be delivering the nationally-recognised IOSH courses (Managing Safely and Working Safely) and have the chance to carry out other training too – including fire safety, First Aid and Mental Health First Aid.
You’ll deal with clients across a broad range of industry sectors and of various sizes, giving you the chance to apply your knowledge to many different situations and develop your understanding of the full range of occupational health and safety hazards.
As part of the wider team, you’ll be working closely not only with your Risk Management colleagues but insurance advisors, using your strong communication skills to articulate the importance and benefits of good health and safety and the range of services offered.
The key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Client Management– Delivering health and safety services and training, managing client contract renewals, identifying up-selling opportunities, and providing a reliable and high-quality advisory service. This will include managing own diary, booking in client visits in a timely fashion, writing up reports and documentation, issuing renewal invitations and completing invoicing.
- Business Development– Identifying opportunities to up-sell additional services in accordance with client needs, and providing ideas for new products and services that contribute towards the growth of the Risk Management operation. On occasions, you may also be asked to prepare and deliver short presentations to an internal audience, to educate the insurance teams about the health and safety work you can do for their clients.
This role will be home-based with the expectation of attendance in either South East offices, when required.
Due to the nature of this role, regular business travel will be required, with an expectation that – in time – your week will be broadly a 3-Day/2-Day split between visiting clients and time at home/in office writing up reports and preparing for forthcoming work. As there are some clients located beyond the South-East of England – and indeed across the UK – occasional overnight stays will be necessary, with accommodation and expenses paid.
We’re seeking someone with a strong level of technical qualification matched with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who has a real passion for health and safety, an enthusiasm for excellent client service and a desire for success.
The skillset needed is as follows:
- Qualification must be to a minimum of the NEBOSH General Certificate (Level-3) but with an agreement to achieve Level-6 as soon as possible, either via the NVQ route or the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in fire safety and fire risk assessment, with qualifications and prior training to support.
- Several years’ experience of working in health and safety (ideally in a consultancy capacity or across a range of different sectors).
- Experience in delivering training or a Level-3 teaching qualification.
- Good level of competence with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable producing presentations and reports in a style and manner to suit the audience.
- A natural communicator, you’ll be friendly, approachable and able to speak openly and confidently to a broad audience in order to deliver essential information with clarity and conviction.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills.
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to organise and plan your own work and diary effectively.
- Experience and ability in a sales environment to speak passionately and knowledgeably about products and services – including an ability to persuade and influence others (taking a consultative approach and promoting the benefits of good health and safety rather than selling ‘scare stories’).
- A genuine determination for achieving success.
- A desire to commit to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to research, investigate and find answers in response to queries, and the delivery of health and safety advice in a relevant and pragmatic way for each client (you’ll be a valued problem-solver).
- Ability to work effectively with others (internally and externally) and build mutually productive relationships.
- Willingness to travel and demonstrate flexibility over working hours, where necessary.
- Ability to remain focused and be motivated by targets.
What you’ll receive – rewards & benefits:
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance, variety and reward in equal measure.
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your qualifications, experience and commitment.
- Pension contributions.
- Annual ‘Profit Share’ bonus.
- Car allowance.
- Healthcare insurance.
- The opportunity to participate in proactive Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks.
- Fun company events and social opportunities.
- Daily dress-down – It’s about what you can do, not what you wear!
Who you’ll be working for?
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998.
- A CCII Chartered Broker.
- A Top 5 broker to work for.
- A people-centric employer with strong values.
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development.
Reflective of Experience